Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone

We had a great time last year with everybody (minus the Cotterells) for Thanksgiving, and wish we'd been invited back this year (along with the Cotterells), but at least know that we'll be thinking of you all while having a great time with the Mesa Andersons (my kids have been counting down for weeks and the emails between cousins have definitely picked up).

Anyway, I just thought I'd share one of my favorite Thanksgiving memories with you all, then ask for you all to do the same.

Remember that year we did the MST3K marathon? Well, that is still one of my most fond Thanksgiving memories. Especially Trumpy.

Okay, your turn.

4 comments:

mom said...

You wish you had been invited again this year? I thought you all preferred to be home for the holidays, but had come because of Harper's return?

We've got to work on our communication :).

mom said...

You wish you had been invited again this year? I thought you all preferred to be home for the holidays, but had come because of Harper's return?

We've got to work on our communication :).

Bethany said...

The invitation thing was a joke. Aren't we always invited?

Anyway, you're right. I'm not a big fan of traveling for holidays, but that goes for Christmas more than anything. If Nate can take a week off for Thanksgiving, I'm willing to travel. It didn't work out this year for sure, and frankly, Mesa is a much more doable/pleasant trip for us.

Happy Thanksgiving!

faith said...

Nothing beats Trumpy Dumpy!

It was too bad to be the only family not represented last year, but it sure was fun doing our first Thanksgiving here. The invitation is still open to anyone who wants to come to Tulsa!

I don't have one specific memory of Thanksgiving. I remember loving the feeling of Fall in Las Vegas. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday because that is what I have most associated with family. I loved that we had Grandpa, Grandma, Granddad, and Grandmother always come to our house. And, I'll be honest, I loved seeing G-dad and G-mother come in with the big black bags of Christmas presents and trying to figure out whose was heaviest. I also loved going out to play in their awesome van!