Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Many Things

There really are many things I'm thankful for, but instead of listing them all here separately, I'll summarize.

Last General Conference President Eyring's talk really struck a chord with me. I was really touched by his writing in his journal daily about seeing the hand of the Lord blessing his life and the lives of his family members. Although I haven't done it daily, I have made an effort to record in my journal the ways I have seen the hand of the Lord bless my life, and I have been amazed at the miracles that have occured on a regular basis in my life that I might not have noticed otherwise. I've also learned to look at more and more events as miracles -- for example the timing on Amanda getting lice was a miracle. Had it come three weeks earlier I would have had a breakdown -- no kidding, I was really hurting when we were first told to start checking her hair. I felt a physical panic come over me at the thought of dealing with lice then. By the time we were infested (3 weeks later, and only 5 days before Grace was born) I was able to handle it, and handle it well -- a miracle.

In a nutshell, I am grateful for the Lord's hand in my life and am grateful that I'm learning to accept what happens in my life as coming from Him for a reason. I'm also grateful for the coping skills He sends with the trials.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: