Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'm grateful for . . .

Today I got an e-mail from an ISI author that has become a good friend of mine. He was wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving. He said to remember and enjoy all the firsts in the beginning of my marriage. It's something that I had already been thinking about, mostly since Monday, when Rob and I had the rare opportunity to go to lunch together.

During lunch we were talking about different traditions that our families do through the holiday season. It made me think about all the fun things we've done through the years - caroling & wassail, acting out the Christmas Story, Advent Calendars (& the Christmas stories), and now the new ones - baklava, muddy buddies, and still caroling even if it's only to Dan. I'm really grateful for all of those traditions and happy memories.

As we were talking about this year, and our first Christmas, we were talked about Christmas day and how things will go with his family. I was thinking that we would spend Christmas Eve night at Rob's parents so that we wouldn't have to drive in the morning. At some point in all of this, Rob realized that this might mean that we won't have our own Christmas morning--just the two of us.

Now we're not sure what we're doing, but I'm very grateful that Rob's not only sensitive to the fact that it's going to be more different for me this season than him, but also that he's just as eager as I am to start our own traditions together.

I feel very blessed, and grateful in this season.

Happy Thanksgiving--with much love to you all.

No comments: